Fun for all the Family
The Cliffs of Moher are a wonderful place to visit with children – whether within a family group or in a group tour. It’s educational, inspiring, fun – all in a safe environment with world-class facilities.
Paths and viewing areas are safe and accessible and hard surface paths are provided for easy buggy or wheelchair access.
There are baby changing facilities in the ground floor toilet areas.
Our cafes cater for children and family tastes with healthy and delicious options.
The Cliffs Exhibition is rich in interesting and instructive material that makes learning about the cliffs lots of fun.
When out on the Cliff edge, ask a Ranger to tell you about the Cliffs – from the birds you can see to stories and legends.
Look out for the Atlantic Puffins nesting on Goat Island, between April and July. You’ll be best placed to see them on the left-hand side of the viewing platform.
The Perfect Addition To Your Curriculum
The Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience has everything you need for an inspiring, informative, motivating and fun school tour. Primary and secondary school children alike can benefit from:
- An award winning and world class heritage centre with modern, educational interpretation facilities.
- Natural History, Social History and Geography education content with a strong ‘fun’ element.
- Information on wildlife, weather, geology, landscape, history and legend.
- A look at the working seismometer inside the exhibition dome.
- Self-guided and Ranger guided tour options are available.
- The convenience of one point of contact for bookings.
- Excellent value for money.
Want to Talk to a Geologist?
The Burren & Cliffs of Moher Geopark has a resident Geologist who can provide support and information for Geology-based educational visits to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren.
For more information visit www.burrengeopark.ie
The Cliffs also cater for third level groups who wish to have a more in depth approach to their visit. Students of all disciplines, from Earth Sciences to Sustainable Development and Engineering, will find a visit to the Cliffs adds value to their studies. Talk to us before your visit and we may be able to organise a talk from a member of the team – or feel free to book a Ranger guided tour that can focus on your area of special interest.