Lahinch Golf Club

Lahinch Golf Club

Lahinch Golf Club, often referred to as the ‘St. Andrew’s of Ireland’, and the village of Lahinch, are steeped in golfing history and its traditions, with a welcoming and pleasant smile to greet all visitors.

Founded in 1892, the original layout of the Old Course was the brainchild of Old Tom Morris and his world famous Klondyke and Dell holes remain in play today. In 1927, Alister MacKenzie strongly believed in keeping a natural appearance to the golf course, creating and shaping holes through the dunes and developing greens with subtle contours and movement, rolling with the natural fall of the land. These values and beliefs formed the framework for Dr Martin Hawtree when returning the Old Course to its original design in 2003.

The Castle Course presents golfers with a slightly less formidable, though equally interesting challenge than the world renowned Old Course.

 


Facilities

  • Bar & Catering Facilities
  • Complimentary Car Parking
  • Golf Shop

Distance

9.4 km from the Cliffs of Moher
Get Directions

Address

Liscannor Road
Lahinch
Co. Clare
V95 HY 8E


One of Ireland’s most famous sights, the Cliffs of Moher are entirely vertical and the cliff edge is abrupt. On a clear day the views are tremendous, with the Aran Islands etched on the waters of Galway Bay. From the cliff edge you can just hear the booming far below as the waves crash and gnaw at the soft shale and sandstone.

With a due-west exposure, sunset is the best time to visit.

Lonely Planet
X