March 10th 2015,
The Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience recently attended the consumer days of ITB Berlin- the world’s leading Travel Trade Show which took place in Messe near central Berlin on the 7th and 8th of March. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet the German public, place a spotlight on County Clare, the Burren Geopark, Shannon Airport- gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way as well as speak about the many exciting new developments that have taken place at the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience over the last 12 months. Some very positive engagements were had with German holiday seekers who are thinking about their holidays for 2015 and 2016. The team from Tourism Ireland were a marvellous support and provided a show-stopping stand. As we all know, County Clare has so much to offer the tourist and great care was taken by all exhibitors to assist the show attendees in identifying top quality accommodation, interesting cultural and adventure activities to indulge in and places of historical and geological significance that they may experience whilst visiting the South West of Ireland.
The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Geopark were also represented over the two days and collectively with the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience spoke over to over 200 potential FIT visitors to the region. Both Paula Hawes of the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience and Christy Sinclair of the Burren Ecotourism Network were encouraged by the enthusiasm and interest that the tourism market in Germany has for County Clare. Carrygerry House and An Síbin Riding Centre also had a presence at the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience stand and contributed to a prize to County Clare which was part of the very popular ITB Raffle. A special word of gratitude to Shannon Heritage and Shannon Airport for their contribution to this prize.
Congratulations to the winner David Zimmerman who was delighted with his mini-break to Co. Clare which included:
- 2 nights full board accommodation in the An Sibin Riding Centre Mountshannon, Derryoran East Whitegate, Co. Clare.
- 1/2 day guided trail riding or basic riding lessons in An Sibin Riding Centre.
- 2 nights accommodation & dinner for 2 adults, Carrygerry Country House, Shannon, Co. Clare.
- 2 Adult passes to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience, Liscannor, Co. Clare and lunch for 2 adults in the Cliffs View Café.
- Entrance to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park with dinner at the Traditional Irish Evening with music song and dance.
- Pictured from left to right are Paula Hawes, Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience, Stephen Zimmermann winner of the ITB Raffle.